Rhinoplasty is one of the most commonly performed facial plastic surgery at our clinics. Also known as a nose job; rhinoplasty is designed to improve the appearance and proportion of the nose or to correct a breathing problem.
Nose reshaping may also be performed as a reconstructive procedure to repair a birth defect or a traumatic injury, such as a broken nose.
It can also be carried out for functional purposes rather than cosmetic. Combining nose with a septoplasty can effectively correct breathing issues caused by a deviated septum.
Good Candidates for Nose Surgery
A person who is at least 18 years old who:
- Is unhappy with their nose appearance.
- Has realistic expectations of nose surgery.
- Has completed facial growth.
- Is in general good Health.
The plastic surgeon will carefully assess you physically and emotionally to ensure you are best prepared to undergo nose surgery in Turkey.
Preparing for Rhinoplasty
- One month before surgery: You will be asked to stop smoking before the operation. Aspirin and other blood thinners should not be taken for two weeks ahead of nose surgery.
- One week before surgery: One week before nose surgery, you will be required to undergo some blood tests. The doctor will provide the necessary instructions.
- One day before surgery: Refrain from ingesting any food and/or beverages after the time set by the doctor.
The day of surgery: Do not apply makeup or facial creams to your face.
During nose surgery at Adem & Havva Turkey, your plastic surgeon applies incisions to access the bones and cartilage that support the nose. The incision is typically made in subtle locations inside the nose so that they are invisible after the surgery. Depending on the desired result and appearance goals of each patient, some bone and cartilage may be removed, or tissue may be added.
After the surgeon has rearranged, reshaped, or shaved the bone and cartilage, the skin and tissue are redraped over the nose’s structure.
A possible splint is placed outside the nose to foster the new shape of the nose as it heals. Nasal packing may be used inside the nose to give additional support.
While Rhinoplasty in Turkey’s Adem & Havva clinic is frequently performed as an outpatient procedure, sometimes patients may require a 1-night stay.
After the Procedure
- One day after surgery: A small splint will be applied to your nose to maintain support and keep the structure secure for at least 5 days. Your face may feel swollen, especially the first day following surgery.
- One week after surgery: The splint will be removed. and most patients return to their normal functions.
- One month after surgery: Avoid blowing your nose for two to three weeks after the surgery. It is strongly advised not to put any pressure on your nose, such as wearing heavy sun/eyeglasses for 3 to 4 weeks. To prevent scarring, you should avoid smoking. Aspirin and other blood thinners should not be taken for two weeks after nose surgery.
- Six months after surgery: After six months of nose surgery, the swelling will wear off.
General Risks of Nose Surgery
- Injury or holes to the septum
- Skin issues
- Nasal blockage
- Complications of anaesthesia
Frequently Asked Questions
Is nose surgery painful?
Nose surgery is a simple procedure. It can be completed with local anaesthesia, where you will be sedated and unable to sense the pain.
Is it painful to take out the splint?
You may feel minimal pain while removing the splint.
After nose surgery, will I have any breathing problems?
After nose surgery, most patients report better breathing.
When will I see the final results of my Nose Surgery?
You will be seeing the results of nose surgery after 3 weeks. The final results will appear within 6 to 12 months.