By the time of ageing, many people’s skin loses its elasticity, muscles begin to slack and fat and tissue begin to appear. The neck is one of the first areas to show signs of ageing. Neck lift surgery is a revolutionary face and neck surgery that aims at removing rolls of fat, loose skin and deep creases.
Good Candidates for Neck Lift
Generally, good healthy people who are bothered by the appearance of the neckline and have the following concerns:
- Sagging neck
- Loose skin
- Lax muscles in the neck
- Fatty deposits under the chin
Preparation for Neck Lift
- One month before Neck Lift: Stop smoking completely. Certain medications, vitamins and herbal preparations may cause blood thinning and can increase bleeding.
- One week before Neck Lift: You must stop all forms of nicotine, including nicotine gum and nicotine skin patches which may lead to the same healing problems caused by smoking. Maintain a healthy, nourishing diet to help your body heal.
- One day before Neck Lift: Do not ingest any food or liquids after the time advised by our doctor. Make sure you pack a bag containing comfortable shoes and clothing that zips or buttons.
Neck Lift Procedure
Neck lift surgery is a cosmetic surgical procedure that combines platysmaplasty (the removal of excess skin) and cervicoplasty (the alternation of neck muscles). Neck lift surgery can be accompanied by a facelift in Turkey to achieve a complete improvement to the face and neck.
Plastic surgeons at Adem & Havva make two small incisions behind the ear and another under the chin. Liposuction may be administered during the procedure of neck lift to remove excess fat and loose skin.
After the Procedure
- One day after Neck Lift: You are going to feel sore and tired for a few days after neck lift surgery. There will be bruising and swelling but this is all a natural part of the healing process.
- One week after Neck Lift: If you experience discomfort or pain then you should take the prescribed painkillers as directed by your surgeon.
- One month after Neck Lift: There will be a light dressing on the wounds after neck lift surgery and it must be kept dry for two weeks.
- Six months after Neck Lift: There may be visible scarring during the first six months.
General risks of Neck Lift
- Unsatisfactory results
- Another corrective procedure
- Accumulation of blood under the skin
Frequently Asked Questions
What is recovering from Neck Lift like?
Most patients recover after a week or two and can go back to work within 3-5 days.
When will I be able to see the results of Neck Lift?
You will be able to see some results from neck lift surgery right away; however, these results will continue to improve over time. Some aspects of a neck lift, such as the final appearance of facial scars can take six months or more.